At Vena Energy Australia, we develop, build, own, and operate utility-scale renewable energy assets in communities across Australia. We are part of Vena Energy, one of the largest independent power producers (IPP) in the Asia Pacific region.
Sustainability is at the heart of all that we do at Vena Energy Australia. Inspired by our Latin namesake, Vena Energy Australia aims to become the vessel that accelerates the transition to renewable energy within Australia. We are committed to empowering and enriching our host communities, their environment and local economies.
Vena energy australia by the numbers
Our Local sustainability metrics
Greenhouse Gas Emission Reductions in Tonnes2
Equivalent Cars Removed
from the Road4
- Households Powered is based on annual household electricity consumption of each operating country derived from Residential Electricity Consumption data obtained from the International Energy Agency (2019) and number of households data derived from population data from United Nations (2020) and household size data taken from United Nations (2019) and Statista database (2020).
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Reduction is calculated assuming that the generation from renewable energy plants replaces an equal quantity of electricity generated using coal, gas and oil. Unique GHG emissions factors were calculated for each country based on respective country energy mix and emissions data obtained from BloombergNEF (2019).
- Water Saved is calculated based on the water consumption of solar and wind power plants compared against the various sources of power generation in each country where Vena Energy operates in. Unique water savings factors were calculated for each country based on respective country energy mix obtained from BloombergNEF (2019) and water use intensity factors from a paper titled “Water Demand Scenarios for Electricity Generation at the Global and Regional Levels” by Terrapon-Pfaff, et al., (2020)
- Equivalent Cars Removed from the Road is based on annual GHG emissions of passenger vehicles obtained from the United States Environmental Protection Agency, last updated: March 2022.
- Equivalent Trees Planted is based on the amount of GHG sequestered by a medium growth coniferous or deciduous tree, planted in an urban setting and allowed to grow for 10 years, data obtained from the United States Environmental Protection Agency website, last updated: March 2022.